Psychiatric disorders after Brain Disorder are frequent. Researches in this area are important for the patients’ care and they may provide hints for the comprehension of primary psychiatric disorders. Here we approach epidemiology, diagnosis, associated factors and treatment of the main psychiatric disorders
In this period, 113,906 of them had been admitted to hospital with a head injury in the UK. Four percent of these were subsequently diagnosed with a mental disorder.
- Glasgow Coma Scale (used soon after injury)
- Duration of loss of consciousness
- Duration of posttraumatic amnesia
- Cognitive and behavioral sequelae
- Mild traumatic brain injury